Saturday, November 26, 2011

In Gratitude

   It's a beautiful, drizzly day.  The kind of day that makes you want to sip hot chocolate and curl up with a good book.  I've already had my hot chocolate, but have too much to do to allow myself time for one of my favorite luxuries, reading. 
   The first thing on my to do list is to simply post about all the little things in life that I'm thankful for.  I know, this post is late.  But rather late than never, so here goes:
    I'm thankful for all the work I have to do today.  The work isn't fun, but the reason for my work is amazing.  I have work to do because I have family, a home, pets, and clothing.  So I'm thankful for my work.
    I'm grateful to both God and my parents for teaching me to work.  Thanks Mom for teaching me to sew, cook, and clean.  Thanks Dad for teaching me to push through and do my work (especially cleaning) even if the children are going to destroy all evidence of my labor sometime in the next 5 minutes.  At least I know the house is clean underneath  :-)  
    I'm thankful for all the sewing I have to do today.  I have shirts to mend, dresses to make, and a hundred other little things to finish.  When I'm finished with my sewing, I'll have little brothers in nicely mended shirts, happy sisters in brand new dresses, and delighted siblings happily playing with their homemade Christmas gifts.  And I'll be as happy as they, knowing that all my work is being put to good use, and enjoyed!
    I give thanks for all the left overs in the fridge.  When faced with serving them, I almost hate them.  But knowing that we've had plenty of food and still do is definitely something to be thankful for.  Thanks, God!
    I'm thankful for all my friends, those I know as well as I know my family, and those I've only met online.  They add such meaning and happiness to my life.  Thanks for being a friend!
    This post could go on for another mile or so, but it really is time for me to get back to my work.
     May you have many things to be thankful for, this holiday season and always!  Be blessed! 

No comments:

Post a Comment