Tuesday, November 1, 2011

To be Kind

  I may not know how it is to live someone else' life, or what yours is like, but I have found for myself that one of the most difficult things to do is to be kind at all times.  When my brother steps on my toes, my sister makes a mess in my room, and my mom tells me to do something I'd rather not do at all, well, it's hard to stay pleasant.  At times like this I feel like yelling at my brother, slapping my sister, and talking to my mother in a very disrespectful manner.  Yes, I know, that's just nasty.  But it is what my natural reaction would be, without training, thought, and God's help (I am so thankful for God's help!).  Thankfully, I can usually refrain from acting upon my emotions at times like this (notice I do say "usually"). 
  Here's a little saying that has helped me many times to be kind, and stay pleasant:    
       A word of kindness is hardly ever spoken in vain, while witty sayings are as easily lost as the pearls slipping from a broken string.
   And another:
        Keep your words sweet.  You may have to eat them someday!
  
                      Have a "sweet" day!  Blessings!             

No comments:

Post a Comment