Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Small Miracles

     It's been a while since I had time or inspiration for a good blog post, but today I need to share.  When did you last have a small miracle?  I'm talking about those little day-to-day things that just seem impossible, or nearly impossible.  Here are the two latest miracles in my life:
     First, my sister's miracle.  Esther just turned 1 in January.  She isn't walking yet, but she is quite the little athlete, always scooting and climbing.  Two days ago, while sitting in the seat of a Wal-Mart shopping cart, she decided to climb out.  She was not buckled in yet, but my mother did, thankfully, have a good grip on the back of Esther's jacket.  As Esther began to climb over the side she lost her balance, and fell headlong toward the floor.  Mama, knowing that she couldn't just "hang" her by her jacket, allowed her to fall, but did slow her descent.  Sometime in midair, Esther managed to do a complete somersault, and landed gracefully on her feet.  We are all very thankful that Mom was holding on to her, and that she didn't hurt herself.  She didn't even seem surprised, after her landing, until Mama told her "that was a no-no!". Then she cried.  I'm almost ashamed to admit, I laughed a little when I heard of her reaction.
    Shortly after this (this is not the second miracle, but it was a bit funny), Mom stuck Esther into the cart, and  (unbeknownst to me) fastened her with the buckle straps.  She then left me with the cart, and went to get something in the next aisle.  Esther began to fuss, stood up, and reached for me.  Worried that she would fall, I immediately grabbed her, and carried her for the next 5 minutes or so.  When Mom finally returned, she was surprised to see me carrying Esther.  I told her what Esther  had done, and she was shocked. "But I buckled her in!", she said in surprise.  "Is that why the straps were hanging into the seat?", I asked, "She has strong fingers".  Yes, she had unbuckled herself.  So now we know; carry the baby, or she will escape/go climbing/get hurt.  I'm going to need a stronger back.  :-D
   The second miracle was a simple one, but quite touching.  My four year old brother, after watching me working at the washer and dryer, decided to help.  When the dryer stopped, he quietly got an empty laundry basket, and unloaded the dryer.  He then took it to the living room to be folded and put away.  This is the first time he's done such a thing, and it meant a lot to me.  Thanks, Isaac!
   These are the type of thing I give thanks for each day, while trying to live as though every day might be my last.                                                                                                                            May you, and yours, be blessed!

No comments:

Post a Comment