Thursday, February 23, 2012

Of Lazy Days and Bath Salts

      We've been having a beautiful February!  We had a white Valentines day, and just 9 days later the temperature is well into the 70's F.  I am loving this weather!  Just cool enough, yet not too cold, it's perfect for taking walks!
       Today was a "lazy" day.  By lazy, I mean a laid-back, fairly quiet, no extras need to be done kind of day.  So, being unusually bored, I started brain storming, and worked on creating a birthday wishlist.  My siblings had asked for one, as they know that I love presents, but never know what to get for me.  So I've been working on it.  Today I decided to add Bath Salts and other Spa stuff to the list of things I'm just aching to have ( I'm trying to put "small" stuff on my list, as it's easier for the children to get or make and it makes them happy ).  Then I decided to look up Bath Salts on the internet, and after that looked for instructions to make my own.  Needless to say, my research got a little out-of-hand, and I now have a glass jar full of beautiful orange bath salt, rosemary and orange scent.  Sorry guys, the bath salts are now on my DIY list. I could use more epsom and sea salts, though  ;-)
      Other DIY projects this week included painting the stairwell and hall a lovely mint green, crocheting a doily, and making doughnuts. We also harvested wild onions, and dried their green tops for later use.  It's been a good week!
      I hope you've had a wonderful week as well, and that you have an amazing weekend!  Be blessed!

2 comments:

  1. How fun!! Bath salts and stuff are amazing, not to mention nice weather!! :-) Thx for following my blog on your List - how awesome is that?!

    Sounds like Forest Born is coming just in time for you birthday relaxation with all those fun bath things... maybe ask for some candles, too, and make an event of reading in the tub!! :-D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds like a wonderful idea! I'll keep the candles in mind :-) And thank YOU for following my blog! - Sarah

      Delete