Friday, February 24, 2012

And so it goes...

     I mentioned in my last post that I'm now making bath salts.  Being a mermaid (at least according to my brother), I like nothing better than a long soak in salt water, especially when I can't go swimming!  Last night, I decided that even mermaids need a good scrubbing once in a while, and that they should have a proper cotton bath cloth to scrub with.  So here's what I made.  What do you think of it?  I'm thinking a crocheted bath cloth tied with raffia onto a jar of home made bath salts would make a perfect gift for any of my spa loving friends! 
    The edges of this cloth are finished with a ruffle, although it's a bit hard to tell with this photo.
   
    And now that you've seen my project for the evening, perhaps you should see my parents' on going project.  At least part of it :-D  There are seven of us included in their current project, this photo shows just one.  This is my sister.  At 15, she's becoming quite grown up!  She was preparing to go to town, and so we quickly took a few pictures.  What good is dressing up without a photo shoot?   Her bag was designed @ www.definemystyle.com.  The interior is in the same pattern as the outside, but in hot pink.  I could tell you where the rest of her outfit came from, but it would make quite the long list.
   I just love how her teal jacket and shoes contrast with her burgundy/pink dress! 
  What are your favorite color combinations?  I always enjoy hearing about my friends' style!
                                                                      Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment